Wednesday, April 9, 2008

When your child's teacher...


So yes, today is the big one year old bday with promises of cupcakes. As most folks do for their children on the big bdays, I scheduled Caroline's check up today. Coming from Children's, MM was to be a car friend.

MM was brought outside and somehow her teacher followed too. Of course, I didn't think anything at first, but then I realized that she doesn't normally help in this capacity (bring the kids down for pick up)

Here is the story that follows... during music class, MM decided to go potty. No big deal as she can do this by herself. But today, MM decided to go potty like a boy. She pulled up a stool (I guess for better aim?), stood on the stool, and proceeded to potty all over the stool somehow not getting it on herself? I guess she has observed how the boys use the potty at school and wanted to try it too. MM told her teacher she was never going to do it again- I mean, it didn't work for her. Her teacher was worried I might be upset, but I assured her that not only did I think it was funny, I was happy it occurred at school and not at home!
Never a dull moment.... Wessel, what do you do in music class?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, I feel like I have to clear myself on this one. While we do some innovative things in music class, we definitely don't want to confuse children of their gender. When I left the toddler classroom, MM was sitting on the potty just as a little girl should. Who knows what happened after that...