Thursday, April 3, 2008

A story from Bob

We left Baltimore around 9am. Both babies had new diapers put on around 7:30. MM arose at 4:30 am that morning, so we were prepared for a great trip ahead. Everyone was sleeping or quiet around lunch time so we pressed ahead. At 2:45 we decided it was time for a stop. As all families traveling in a minivan do, we pulled into a McDonalds. Kelly started to change Caroline's diaper, but I sent her ahead inside so she and MM could go to the bathroom. Caroline who was unfettered, partially undressed, and not in a diaper decided to flip over and try and climb out. (if you ask, I can demonstrate like I did to our small group last night) While putting Sarah in her carseat, strapping her in, I see Caroline's face turn red and she begins to strain. Out comes poop nuggets into the carseat, onto pacifers and toys... Securing Sarah, I go over to clean up Caroline. I put her in the front seat and begin to remove the poop. She decides as she is still without a diaper to pee on the front seat. More to clean up. Kelly and MM return and I finally can go inside to wash my hands. They missed all the excitement. Fun times.

Do you think the Standridges are going to want their carseat back?

1 comment:

Kit said...

Kelly, um...well...you know, we probably don't need that carseat back, come to think of it!
My favorite take away from the CTK retreat: Ass pyre!