Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A week ago....

so all the girls have colds and smell, so their oh so smart mom thought it would be a good idea to have all the girls take a bath together. after all, the twins can sit up, it would take some time out of the morning, and then everyone would be clean (and if we are honest, when was the last time the twins were cleaned?) . I should have known when I somehow had some of poop from sarah's diaper on my pjs that this may not be a good idea, but hindsight...well, you know the saying....

All three girls were sitting in the tub and big sister was so happy to have company. I cleaned sarah, got her out, and almost had new clothes on her when big sister shouts, "poopy, I poopied" What to do??... MM hasn't done this in over a year....I grab caroline out then MM... put mm directly on the potty in case any more was to follow, then grab naked caroline who is sitting on the bath mat, put her in the sink to try and finish the cleaning job on her...meanwhile, sarah starts moving toward the dirty diapers to play with...

MM wants off the potty, but I have to finish with caroline in the bathroom sink (which in case you don't know, is probably to small for a newborn).
Diapers taken away from Sarah. Caroline is now on the way to clean clothes too.....

MM is taken off the potty.... poop from bathtub is thrown into potty... tub has to be cleaned..... babies moved to hallway. Tub cleaned out...now mm goes in...by this point the idea of a "fun" bathtime is over. She starts crying and wants to get out, but of course she has poopy everywhere, so she has to be cleaned off....

new clothes for mm. another round of cleaning the tub.... bath toys thrown into the sink to be cleaned off...

MM "watches" sisters in the hallway while I have to shower... all alive when I get out 3 minutes later....

Another round of laundry...MM is watching Blues Clues, and I need to go get something to drink...no worries, nothing strong yet :)

...of course what looms in the back of my mind is my mocking my husband this morning on the conversation of leashing the twins when they start walking. I just can't imagine leashing my children, but then again, I can't even handle bathtime!!!!

so if for some reason your life seems boring, come spend a morning with us, you never know what will happen....

and now we are all CLEAN....

No comments: